It took me a while, but here it is: my 2D Mario clone.
Name: Thomas de Goede, aka Lord Herman
Timeframe: Tuesday Feb 21 – Tuesday Mar 6
Project Detail: A clone of the original Super Mario Brothers game by Nintendo. It has your usual side-scrolling platformer controls, enemies with some basic AI, power-ups, and two levels that involve falling down holes a lot.
Software Used: Unity 3, Notepad++, FileZilla, Paint.net (for the amazing star sprite I drew)
Final Thoughts: This project was a lot longer than the previous ones. I got stuck a few times trying to fix some bugs, but in the end I have a working game. I enjoyed the part where I got to write some AI for the gumbas, and I hope to learn some more AI programming in the future. Also, I think I’m beginning to learn how to approach bug fixing, which will probably come in handly later.
Videos: 20 hours, 31 minutes.
Word Balloon: 28 minutes (planned 1 hour).
Flag Pole and Finish: 2 hours, 17 minutes (planned 2 hours).
Scene Transition Wipe: 15 minutes (planned 30 minutes).
Design the Next World: 2 hours, 21 minutes (planned 1 hour, 30 minutes).
Menu Screen: 59 minutes (planned 1 hour).
Bug fixing: 4 hours, 47 minutes.
Total: 31 hours, 38 minutes.